The Girl Booker

The Girl Booker

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fave Rave

I have about 3 or 4 favourite, living authors. Authors whose books I find so astoundingly wonderful that every 6 months or so, I do a search online to see if one of them has a new book coming out. One of those authors is Patricia Duncker. I think she's ace. And it turns out that she's just written another book!

Like all her work, this book has a great storyline, very believable characters, flowing sentences and big ideas stuffed into little crevices of the narrative. And when I come to think of it, that's really the hallmark of nearly every writer that I greatly admire. I loved it, of course, although I think I did slightly prefer her previous book (The Strange Case of the Composer and the Judge). Nevertheless, I am willing to give Sophie and the Sibyl a rating of 'Many Stars' out of 'A Few More Stars'.

No comments:

Post a Comment